Quick Takes - Homestretch Edition
1. Nesting has kicked in. My desk is clean, half of my kitchen cabinets are cleaned out (with the other half on schedule for today and tomorrow), my kids clothing is all purged and sorted, and there are plans afoot for throwing away half of what is in the basement. Maybe that is why I have so many children. I need regular nesting in order to keep the house in order.
2. My eldest, in a mature and very grown up manner, changed his college plans, and decided to go to the local community college for at least a year. I am relieved that his debt will be much, much less with this plan, but sad to see him so disappointed. He worked very hard to get into the 4 year school and made a narrow cut to do so. But, as we adults know, reality is reality, and must be dealt with. Now we need to find him a bedroom. Shifting once again, grateful for the space to be flexible.
3. I had an encounter with a flying table this week, during a viscous wind storm. I was attempting to get the patio tables' umbrellas down, when the wind tossed one of the tables into my face. I have a few stitches, and bruises, but I am so, so thankful that is all the damage. The table hit me in the mouth, and Praise God, I still have all my very expensive teeth.
4. Today is the last day my middle kids' tutor comes for language arts. We kept it going because I am pretty certain I won't be starting school on time given the birth of the wee lad is a mere two weeks before we usually begin. This gives me some guilt free delay time, where all they have to do is a daily math lesson and free reading for a bit. I ask prayers for our awesome tutor, as he is leaving here to go into a monastery. If this is indeed his vocation, we may never see him again, but will always be joined by the bond of prayer. St. Benedict, pray for us!
5. Summer weather here has been gloriously delightful. Usually it is much hotter, much more humid. St. Scholastica has come through for me again, and prayed me into a pretty comfortable summer. I have very little swelling, and am feeling better now than I did during the second trimester. Blessings, all of it.
6. I have everything ready for the baby. Now I relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.
7. Baby boy names. Still playing with them, but pretty sure we have settled on one. Stay tuned.
More quick takes at Conversion Diary.