Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Let me introduce myself

Okay, the kiddos are all occupied, husband is busy and dinner is made, so I can spend a few minutes writing about myself. Gosh, this is harder than I thought. How do I describe myself? Immediately labels like "Catholic", "wife" "homeschooling mom" and "SHE" come to mind, but is that really me? I am a thirty-something woman, who is compatibly married, who has given birth to seven children in 10 years, and is throwing herself at God's feet, begging mercy and strength. I really have a terrific life, but sometimes all I can think of is what I don't get done, what I can't do, and all the things I should do. I feel at times my life and all its wonder is slipping away, lost under the weight of my own mental "to-do" list. All I want is perfection, is that too much to ask? My biggest task at hand is to try my best, but don't get too upset by life's inevitable mishaps. Oops, movie is over, rest of the family is home, and my quiet time is over!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Philothea Rose said...

Welcome to the bloggin world: I've just started blogging these past couple of months myself. I had 4 kids in 5.5 years of marriage myself.

December 17, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home