Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thanks, y'all, and isn't this lovely??


Gee, everyone, thanks for your input. I have simply been trying to spend my time wisely as it is such short supply. I find a great value in the blog world, and was wondering if I was off base. Apparantly not, and thanks for helping to clear that up!

So, another week begins, and we are off to a great start. No hives for me (yea), my instructional work with everyone is done for the day, now it's just motivational speaking that is left for me today. Well, that and laundry, but that goes without saying.

My next goal is to plan out 2-3 weeks of menues. I will make my deadline Friday afternoon, so if you all have any suggestions for simple, delicious, do-ahead crowd pleasers, please share. If you want, I'll share my finished product. Just let me know.

I have to give a shout out to my Gospel Bluegrass music. It is lifting my spirits something fierce. The Cox Family singers, The Isaacs, and Allison Krause. I can do my gorgeous 3 mile hike around the lake, and worship at the same time. All this after attending Divine Liturgy in the morning, and sandwiching in some school and laundry between. This afternoon I will begin instructing a friend in the blessing of iconography. She and I will be working on writing an icon of the Theotokos, while I continue to work on my Good Shepherd. I'll take some photos to share as we go. It doesn't get better than this, I say.

Last week the weather was positively gorgeous for my hikes. The blue, puffy clouds, the warm sun, the crisp air, the wild flowers and grasses in full bloom. I love living in the midwest. Love it. The photo is one my brother took, and he titled it "Midwest Mountains."

Blessings to you all!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Please do share the finished meal plans...I've been trying to put together something similar to help get our budgeting on the right track when I get to New Orleans. I'd be interested to see what makes it on your two week meal plan.

September 19, 2006  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Me too on the meal plans.

Midwest mountains---love it!

September 19, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

That is a fantabulous image. Is the brother that took the photo, the same one who has the photo blog? I remember perusing it some time ago and thinking it was fantastic!

September 20, 2006  
Blogger Hope said...

This is what worked for me when I was a homeschooling mom. During the week I had a set protein that I made the rest of the meal around. If it was Monday it was chicken, Tuesday beef, Wednesday meatless protein, etc. I planned my menus and bought groceries every two weeks. We live remote so doing grocery shopping that way was our only option without burning up the gas like crazy. I rotated my chicken meals from week to week so that we only had the same meal maybe twice or 3 times a month at most. Saturdays we had a special supper and Sundays was either leftovers or something simple.
I was never on top of everything except maybe the very first day of school. Then it was downhill from there. How to keep the housework done and do school and cook? Ugh. But we made it through. And you will too. Hugs there dear friend.

September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here because I saw your comment on the AWESOME post that Carmen just put up! I am also a mom of many, 8 to be exact. I enjoyed stopping by your blog.

Mary/Owlhaven

September 22, 2006  
Blogger Nevermore said...

Hey Crazy, just want to let you know how good it is to be your brother.

P.S. Send lawyers, guns, and money...

Just kidding, all is well...

PAX

September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! I don't know if you use iTunes or not, but they have streaming radio stations and yesterday I found a Bluegrass Gospel one that is simply divine!

September 23, 2006  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Those clouds are glorious! What a blessing to behold such an awesome work of the Author of Life. Now I'm going to check out your new blog, bet it is good. Have your heard Allison Krause's bluegrass Gospel?
Blessings,
KM

September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home