Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Love


Yesterday, my husband made a point of inviting me to go to Divine Liturgy this morning. He is a cantor at our church, and he said, in particular, "I want to sing the Epistle to you."

So, up early, making breakfast for the kids, while they were all still asleep. Letting the older kids know where I was.

There were 5 of us at Liturgy this morning. The singing was light and sweet, the intimacy palpable. I lit a candle for all of my friends and family, and one especially for a pro-life friend of mine doing a public act of love for the unborn this morning.

Lord have mercy.

Then the Epistle
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the Church, and delivered himself up for her,
that he might sanctify her, cleansing her in the bath of water by means of the word;
in order that he might present to himself the Church in all her glory, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she might be holy and without blemish.
Even thus ought husbands also to love thier wives as their own bodies.
He who loves his own wife, loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh; on the contrary he nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ also does the Church
(because we are members of his body, made from his flesh and from his bones).
For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh.
This is a great mystery - I mean in reference to Christ and to the Church.
However, let each one of you also love his wife just as he loves himself; and let the wife respect her husband."

While I know my husband is serving the entire church in his role as cantor, I couldn't help but feel personally addressed this morning. After Liturgy, he showed his love in yet another way by making me coffee and breakfast.

I would like to express my complete respect to my dear husband for his acts of love this morning. And my deep love right back. Thank you, sweetie!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Oh, MPN, I have tears! What a beautiful story of love and God! Amen!

I kind of like the lightly attended Liturgies, those moments of quiet and small groups.

I also love a packed church, though.

October 04, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

Now that really is what love looks like :-)

October 04, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

very sweet!

October 04, 2006  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Wow! Beyond romantic and yet still romantic. It's a stir-the-oatmeal kind of love plus angelic choirs! Loving you with his voice!
Blessings,
Kitchen Madonna

October 04, 2006  
Blogger Rosemary said...

What a wonderful gift to you. Has he been reading any books lately that we could recommend to other husbands? (smile)

October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Share how this love is so strong that this came about! I am sure we could all learn something. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!

October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Ahh...* :o)

October 06, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

I'm with Suzanne, will you share your 'love story' with us, Renee?

October 06, 2006  
Blogger owlhaven said...

Hey, thanks for linking me!!

Mary, mom to many

October 06, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

Lisa ~ don't worry about it, I took care of it. As always, thanks for stopping by.

And Mary, you are so welcome!

And to Ukok and Suzanne ~ I'll get right on that. It is an interesting story to be sure. It may take a while!!

October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home