Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another milestone...

Well, it finally happened. I never really believed it would.

We are completely finished with diapers in our house.

For 14 years and 2 months and 20 days, we have had one or more children in diapers.

Now, my three year old daughter is sitting on my bed, caressing her new "underwears", and thrilled beyond measure with the little stars and elephants and pink puppies that will now be flashing us instead of the princess pull-ups we have been seeing for a little while now.

I had fully expected to have another little one by now, but apparently God has other ideas. So, despite the wistful feeling I get about that, the end of diapers (for now?) is something I am actually happy about.


And she was the easiest potty trainee yet. One day she started pooping on the potty, out of the blue, about 5 months ago. One that was out of the way, I frankly didn't care how long she used pull ups for potty.

Then, a week ago, I noticed day after day, and morning after morning of dry pull ups. I pulled out a few pairs of panties for her and she has kept them dry the entire week, except for one unfortunate incident when she was terrified of the public toilet. We'll have to work on that.

Anyway, such is my life. Huzzah to pink puppies and purple elephant underwear!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I really look forward to the day when we will be done with diapers. However, I have quite a ways to go. As of Feb, we will have 3 in diapers, AGAIN! Enjoy your new found freedom. Love you!

September 27, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

Huzzah indeed!

September 27, 2007  
Blogger Byzantine, TX said...

Our last two kids potty trained themselves almost completely on their own. As a result they mount the toilet "backwards." It still amuses me.

September 27, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow. Wonderful.

September 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been about 10 years since my youngest was potty/toilet trained and I have to say, there are some days - only some- when I wish that they were still young enough to wear nappies....because they are growing up so very quickly!

Still, it's a lot less expensive once they are out of nappies and that's a good thing!

September 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home