Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick

Oh, this bug has made the rounds, and just when I thought baby had escaped it's grip, down she went. We have spent the last 3 nights sleeping sitting up in a recliner. Last night she coughed less, but still pretty violently. Right now she is sleeping in her crib for the first time in a few days, and I got to brush my teeth and check the blogs. And drink a hot cup of coffee. Simple pleasures. Now I just hope she continues to improve and we can say goodbye to this nasty, nasty virus. I had forgotten the worry that goes along with a sick baby. I'll just be so glad when we can see the little sparkle in her eye again!

I have managed to stay on top of school with the other kids, and have been very pleased with their progress. Laundry is another story all together, and I predict a folding party later today (either that or a large donation to Goodwill, and far fewer clothes in this house). It is nice that the dirty clothes are getting clean, but when they sit in the basket, crumpled and neglected it doesn't give me any mental relief of a job well done. So, on tap for today, hold and nurse and soothe baby, direct many other hands to fold and put away laundry, and run through the reading and math lessons with the kids (at least). If I can accomplish these things, I will be satisfied.

Til later...

Blessings!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, so sorry to hear baby got the bug! I pray she gets better soon, and that you don't get it! See you next week!

Barb

November 13, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Prayers for you all...

November 13, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Hug? HUG.

Praying.

November 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home