Wednesday, December 15, 2004

What is wrong?

Here we are again, approaching Christmas with the mom (me) squarely not in the mood for the inconvenience of it all. The mess, the unpacking and repacking, the constant vigilance to keep the two year old and the cat out of the tree. Gone is the warm fuzzy feeling I got as a child. How does one translate the simplicity and excitement for Christmas as a child to the work and burden of Christmas as an adult? Where is baby Jesus?? How do I find Him amongst the worldly duties in celebrating Christmas? In a way this all seems self-inflicted, as it is I that choose to participate in Christmas cards, presents, decorating, etc. But what kind of Christmas will my children have, if, in the interest of self-preservation, I simplify this season and diminish their joy? Or am I just setting them up for a flat Christmas experience when they are the parents?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home