Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My Lenten Resolution

I will try with all my strength, even if I have to cause myself physical pain by biting my tongue, to refrain from being verbally critical of others' actions. If I catch myself being critical, I will say, "Nevermind, it doesn' t matter. I'm sorry." I have had to say it so many times today already. I hear tongues are fast healers, so hopefully mine will be healed in time for Easter.

Psalm 119

In my distress I cried out to the Lord
and He listened to me.
O Lord, save my soul from unjust lips
and from a deceitful tongue.

What shall be given you and what more shall be done to you,
you deceitful tongue?
Sharpened is the weapon of the mighty warrior
with firebrands made of the broomtree.


1 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

one of my favorite scripture quotes, one that i pray OFTEN: let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, o Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.

it is so hard. please pray for me and i will pray for you.

(now you realize that when you pray for control of the evil tongue, God puts many an instance in your way to allow Him to help break you of it, right? be careful what you pray for ... :)

February 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home