Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What Happened to my Baby?

What a week it has been in the life of my youngest! She has begun solid food, she has learned to crawl, and just now I discovered her first tooth. And I just put my maternity clothes away! Where did the wee one go? With each child, this first year gets faster and faster, and seems to break my heart more deeply. Of course, it has it's own joys, watching the progress a healthy baby makes, I just wish I could slow things down a little. I have this constant nagging feeling that one day, I am going to turn around and it's all going to be over. Is this desire to slow time down one of the yearnings we have for heaven; permanant, unchanging joy? Love without loss? Love without fear? I have always thought the birth process prepares women for death, and now I am finding the mothering process prepares us for heaven. I am working on a more elaborate post regarding the birth process and preparation for death. Until then, I will toss these little musings out, and see what happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

By the way, I was looking at your name "Mary Poppins NOT". Did you ever read any of the books? She was magical and the children loved her but she was NOT very nice in many other ways ... short tempered, vain, etc. I loved those books...

January 26, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

LOL, no, actually, I haven't read the books. I had put off starting a blog because I wanted the most clever, witty, interesting name and title of the blog. One day, sick of my constant perfectionism, I just picked the names rapidly. The littlies were watching "Mary Poppins" at the time, and it was the part when they were tidying the nursery. Since I wasn't tidying anything, voila, Mary Poppins, NOT. Thanks for the chuckle today!

January 26, 2005  
Blogger Anne said...

I think I have enjoyed the newborn phase more with each subsequent child. It seems the more I have, the more I see how fleeting that time is when they will snuggle up on your chest and fall asleep. Then again, I think I enjoy every phase more with each child. Not that I didn't enjoy it the first time, but I appreciate it more.

January 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home