Monday, January 30, 2006

Coffee, please?


Well, it was another half sleepless night. For some reason, halfway through the night, I start feeling so restless. Toss and turn, and my legs ache, and every breath from my husband puts me on edge (he is a NOISY sleeper).

We are still waiting on our carpet for 2 of our bedrooms, so 5 kiddos are sleeping in one room, and they are all having trouble sleeping (some snore, some get scared, some are light sleepers).

Last night I got up about 3:00am to watch some thing on the television, hoping I would fall asleep. I got to the den, and my oldest daughter was on the couch; she said the three year old was scared, and slept between her and my 9 year old girl. My oldest girl was getting squeezed out. She offered to move to the living room couch, so I could turn on the tube. Nothing on really, but I usually just turn it on so low I can't really hear it, turn away from it, and it puts me to sleep. Usually. But after a few hours, I got up, had a bowl of cereal, and tried again. The sun was starting to come up =(

So I think I finally got to sleep at 6:30, and then woke at 7:30, realizing dh and the older three kiddos were supposed to leave for Liturgy and class at 7:30. Do you know they make it out of the house by 7:40?? Thank God for the perseverance last night in making them lay our their clothes and pack their backpacks and lunches!

So, they leave, the little 3 are still sleeping, and I go back to my bed. Instantly fall asleep, deeply asleep, instant dreams. I got that lovely respite for about 42 minutes, and then the little ones woke up. Ripped out of a wierd dream, I was grateful, but groggy. Still am. More coffee, please!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Oh my what a night! A night like that leaves you alittle groggy all day. Hopefully tonight will be more restful and full of sweet dreams.

January 30, 2006  
Blogger rita said...

ugh! hope your day went well and the Lord multiplied your sleep!

January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home