Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Interesting...


I googled my name to see what, if any, our American Girl media involvement had on my frequency. It used to be I only showed up in an article about my husband. Now, I am there, with the transcripts of CNN as well as the CBS interview. Charles Osgood picked up the story. And then there were certain blogs that commented about it. It seems this whole issue really ticked off supporters of the homosexual political adgenda. I didn't did too deep, as I don't really care what they think of me, but I find it interesting that the only sites commenting on our T.V. appearances were gay sites, when I said absolutely nothing about homosexuality, and actually refused to pose my opinion on that issue. I only spoke about abortion being promoted a good option for girls being a lie, and that death never is the solution to a problem. So why do gay websites assume that means I am hateful toward homosexuals, or that I see them as a group of sinners, rather that individual people struggling to live their lives just like everyone else? They know nothing of my view on homosexuality, and yet because I think abortion is a bad idea, especially offered to young girls that are targeted by Americal Girl, I am a homophobe. I don't get it!

(illustration from http://www.reincarnate.co.uk/WChapter18.html)

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

You know, I saw either a CBS or CNN report on the topic a while back and remembered that someone from a blog I read mentioned participating in it, but I couldn't remember who it was. Sorry! Assuming it was you (and maybe two young girls), it was a good piece. The information it provided was great. I know one of my nieces likes American Girl, but I didn't know anything more about them until you blogged about it. Thanks for the info.

January 18, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

Never mind them, you did the absolute right thing.....look at what you accomplished. I know you know, you can't control what some people think, there will always be someone out there to be critical...especially strangers.

January 19, 2006  
Blogger Nevermore said...

They are just a bunch of heterophobes, not to worry.

January 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home