Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hello, my name is Mary Poppins NOT, and I am a blogaholic

Gosh, get a new template and disappear! As usual, my real life intrudes on my virtual one, and boy do I resent it for that. And this is the topic of my post today. I have been dropping the ball around here, kids are getting away with very little effort in school, no feedback, just, "Are you done? Good, go play." My 7 year old son is acting very atypical, doesn't want to go to P.E., choir, do school, or anything. I am afraid my lack of consistancy with him is making him feel either dumb or unimportant. Either way, the truly distressing part about this is I would still rather sit here, read blogs, think of something to write, mess with the template, etc. than go attend to the situations around here. Sort of like this is my avoidance techinique I employ when I am sick of dealing with my responsibilities. And if this were a paying job, I would probably get fired for that. So, I have to go attend to my loved ones, force myself to stay away from the blog for a while.

Here is what I propose: I will add posts only after 9:00 pm, if all the kids school papers are reviewed.
I will read blogs only during one cup of morning coffee, and then before bed, if all the school work is done and papers are graded. I guess I will have the earn my time here, not let it "cut in line" priority wise.

The reason I know this needs to happen, is because I keep making desperate excuses in my mind about why this doesn't really need to happen. Eeewww. Denial. I hate that. So, I will keep this updated with my progress, would desperately desire your prayers for my strength of will. Maybe I'll get so efficient, I will get other things finished, as well, like the two icons I started 2 years ago.

I know I owe photos still, and I will be posting those this week, that's a promise. And I will finish the Diving Liturgy postings. And throw witty little things out from time to time. And begin a daily exercise program, cut out white sugar, and whip this household into shape. Whoops, there I go again, setting myself up for failure. No, seriously, I'll be around. Please don't leave me! Wow, is that withdrawal, already?

Okay, I need to go. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I feel better.

Meanwhile, I hope you are all well, peaceful, and having grace-filled days!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

I really like the soft blues of this template.

Wishing you many blessings as you tend your priorities!

February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh renee - we're so alike. I hope your resolve is stronger than mine -- I jump up from this d**n computer 60 times a day to do something for Roc or George or Rob or the house. Shouldn't be so obsessed with it, but I am. I know the pull you feel.
It takes a concerted effort to withdraw...and ya got me thinking I must too.
God bless.
Hey! Nice template, if I must say so myself! ;-)

February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hugs-a-bunch* I will be praying as you prioritize... and waiting patiently for a post! *Grin*

(A recovering blog-a-holic *Wink*)

February 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hear ya. There was a series of posts on blestwithsons.com concerning the detrimental effects of tv on one's spiritual life and relationships. She made some very good points, but for me, tv is not tempting. It's the computer and Internet. One problem I find when I make myself get off the computer is I have "nothing else to do." I sound like a child, don't I? *Sigh*
Anyway, good luck with your efforts! And I'm going to *try* to find something else to do now!

February 07, 2006  
Blogger Essy said...

Oh yea...I've had to do this myself. You are in my prayers.

February 07, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

well may God Bless your effort but the proverbial road to Hades is paved with........blogging home schooling Moms.........just kidding. I make deals with myself too, recently broke one....good thing I could laugh about it. I may even blog about it, it's worthy of a post. You never struck me as blog addicted R.
Your new template is so beautiful folks can just stop in and stare.
Blessings to you

February 09, 2006  
Blogger Philothea Rose said...

I am in the same boat as you as far as using blogging time to qavoid what needs to be done around here. I love what you said about earning your time here!

February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home