Monday, April 24, 2006

A Day of Grace

Christ is Risen!

What a glorious day! Yesterday we had our large family Easter party, with 30 children and all my immediate family. The weather was perfect, the children were giddy with joy, and the adults were glorying in the blessing of our children, our Redeemer, and our Faith. We had an egg hunt, lots of food, and so much laughter, I feel full for a long time.

By far, my favorite food was the Trader Joe's cheese, aged chedder with carmalized onions, and the Yellow Tail Shiraz. I made a roasted veggie dish, and a flourless chocolate cake that were to die for. The ham was delicious, the fruit my dad brought was bountiful, and the prociutto (sp?) was delicious with the goat cheese and cantalope.

Today was wonderful, coming off the high of the party. The weather again was glorious, I didn't have to cook because of all the left overs, and the house came together again rather quickly.

I worked on an icon today, The Good Shepard. What peace! What joy to spend my free time today working on a blessed image of my Lord and Saviour. He was definately with me today, I could just feel it.

My husband was flying out of town today to visit his brother, but alas! it wasn't to be. He called me midday, saying that on the way there, the plane had to land in Denver as one of the engines BLEW UP!! and they had to land. He was calm as a cucumber, and is now home, safe and sound. But really, my heart was in my mouth thinking of it. I try no to worry when he travels, and this morning when he left, I was unusually calm. Then, just a few hours later, I hear of this incident, and realize how close we came to disaster. Thank you dear Lord, for preserving my life as it is now!

Today, my three year old son was telling me of a "true story" where he and my seven year old son were on a mission, and they encountered a green dinosaur. My seven year old stabbed the dinosaur just as the large, curling teeth were closing on my three year old. Then, the two boys were on the way home, and a BLUE dinosaur attacked them. This time, both boys used their swords (sticks) to slay the evil beast. They, too, are now tucked in bed, safe and sound. I asked him if this was a dream, and he said, No, this was a real mission they were on. He said his brother was nice to him to kill that dinosaur just in time.

So there you have it, a grace filled day, full of love, protection, and good left-overs. Does it get any better than this?

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Christ is risen !
Sounds like your boys had an action-packed day with the dinosaurs, bless them :-)

Wasn`t your husband scared when the engine blew up ? Lord have mercy !

When will we get to see photos of the new icon you are doing ? Your last one was wonderful....

April 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you and I know it doesn't get any better than this! God bless you Renee and Happy Easter!

April 25, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Indeed, He Is Risen!

Yikes, Lord have Mercy and Thanks be To God that your dear husband is ok. Those are the moments that go so slowly as you process. Yikes.

Giggling at the dinosaur mission - I'm glad everyone is ok.

April 25, 2006  
Blogger owenswain said...

Grateful, that's what I am as I read your post.

April 25, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

elizabeth - my computer died, and my camera was connected to it. I am now using my husband's and as soon as we move over my camera software, I'll post some photos.

Yes, he was scared, although I don't think he processed it (as mimi says) til he got home. He was suddently exhausted, and went straight to bed.

To top it off, he lost his cell phone, and the airline charged him $100 to chance his return flight. He had already missed the reason he was flying to CA, so he came home instead, thinking it would help them not have to find another seat to LA. So much for that, eh???

April 25, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

My goodness, I was beginning to get jealous, all the food talk and you're working on another icon. The the plane story......how frightening, but glad all went well. I too am in search of a lap top, have decided since I have tackled the world of digital cameras that I should get a lap top. What's next.....maybe an Ipod? Nah, maybe not.

April 25, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

Thankyou Renee, for allowing us all a glimpse of grace playing out in your family life, so often we miss the moments in our own lives when we are being carried on the wings of grace.

Love to you

God Bless

April 26, 2006  
Blogger Mama Heffalump said...

Nope... doesn't get any better than that... *Grin*

April 26, 2006  
Blogger DeeDee Kay said...

Oh my goodness. I bet you are still unnerved by the engine thing. That is so freaky. But God has us all in His hands.

I certainly had a blessed day on Sunday. On behalf of my family, thank you for a great party!

(P.S. Nothing is happening. Not. a. thing. I think I'd better try to get used to the idea of a May baby.)

April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home