Friday, July 27, 2007

Prayers offered, preparations continue...

Well, consider yourselves all prayed for (even the lurkers too shy to ask. God knows). It was a sublime (as usual) Divine Liturgy, and a grace filled morning.

Yesterday, I took it upon myself to celebrate my birthday (it will fall while we are camping, and I know my sweet man will not plan ahead) with a pedicure, manicure, and haircut. WOW. I had no idea how luxurious these things were, as I hadn't ever had a day at the spa. The haircut turned out just how I had hoped, short and fringy, so I can just gel it and go. By far my most favorite part was the pedicure. WOW. Have I said WOW? I still feel relaxed, and my feet are so soft and pretty. I will have to go back someday, and not wait until next year. Maybe a good occasion is the return from vacation, or the beginning of school, or... having completed 8 loads of laundry in one day, or well, you get the point. It probably will be next year before I get another, but boy did I enjoy it!!

Now, I have finished packing for all the little ones, packed for myself, bought and packed all the food, packed all the games, did a thrift store run to get some beach books and a straw bag and straw hat and a kicky little skirt to wear over my swim suit (all for less than $10, mind you), and that leaves me free to go to an art fair in a close town tomorrow. Last year the art made me cry, it was so beautiful. This year I made an effort to be more at peace and creative, and I am anxious to see if that much beauty will make me smile instead of cry. We'll see.

So, I'm off to make dinner (talapia, fresh fruit, steamed broccoli and some tasty white whine, I mean wine) and I'll be sure to leave at least a farewell post before I go.

May your evening be blessed!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

Have a wonderful time camping and Happy Birthday!!

July 27, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Have a great trip !

July 28, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

I finally managed to make an appointment for a pedicure - today. woo hoo! I rarely indulge in this luxury, but I think third trimester difficulties in reaching my feet justify the time and money, don't you?

July 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pedicures! Your feet are so important! I've switched to pedicures rather than manicures now - manicures don't last the way I use MY hands! Pedicures do. I get one now every month -- not at a spa though. I go to a nail salon for $27.
Have a great vacation MPN!

Alexa

July 28, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

Thank you! Enjoy your camping trip, and your Birthday (Many Years!).

July 28, 2007  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

Happy birthday!

July 28, 2007  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

What a lovely birthday present to yourself! :o)

All that for $10? Very well done!

Enjoy the art fair, your birthday (happy! happy!), and your trip!

It's me... You knew that, right? LOL

July 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home