Friday, September 28, 2007

A meal success

A couple of things.

I must share a great dinner success I had last night. After a day I compare to bathing cats, I took my 3 oldest daughters shopping to find black pants and black shoes they need for an upcoming concert. I was hoping to find these items in such a style so that the girls would actually wear them again. This is where the bathing cats part comes in. One of my daughters is very slim, and also very sensitively aware. So things must fit perfectly, or they drive her crazy. And very few things fit her perfectly. *Sigh*

We found a shoe she loved, but alas, not in her size, but a store across town had them, off we drove, only to find the perfect shoe had silver on it and was unqualified for the concert requirements. *Sigh*

I'll sum up...

After 4 stores and finally purchasing nearly everything we needed (plus a few other sweet finds) at the THRIFT STORE, we got home dangerously close to dinner time. I had the foresight to have my oldest son throw some frozen chicken (boneless, skinless) thighs in the oven. They were almost done when I got home, so I pulled out a frozen pie crust, pulled out some frozen, diced onions and peppers (one of my all time favorite finds at our local grocery), and then chopped up the chicken when it was done. I put the pie crust in a pie plate, threw in the chopped up chicken, threw in the onion/peppers mixture, spread a can of cream of chicken soup over the top, and put a bag of FROZEN California mix veggies on top. Put on the top crust and baked until golden. IT WAS DELICIOUS! The kids requested that I make it again today, which I won't, but woo-hoo, what a simple solution to a busy day. I also made pasta with butter, olive oil, garlic and Italian cheese to go with the chicken pie. This was such an inexpensive, quick and tasty meal, I could barely believe it myself.

As an aside, our second full week of school is going well. My eldest is using Seton for 9th grade (which is a HUGE switch for me, philosophically speaking), but so far, so good, and the objectives of him being independent and structured are being met.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know HOW you do it all - let alone think up that quick and delish meal!
I love chicken pot pie and I'm going to try your recipe out a.s.a.p. - if I can't find it when I'm ready, I may have to ask you again!

Glad school is going well - Seton was good for my George when he was in grade 10-12. He had the special needs assistance, which worked out good.

God bless.
Alexa

September 28, 2007  
Blogger Daisy said...

What a day! I think I would have chosen bathing a cat. LOL

September 28, 2007  
Blogger Rosemary said...

I love this recipe idea. There are so often nights where time is short and simplicity paramount.

September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home