Friday, November 09, 2007

If you would have told me this 6 years ago, I would have said you were mad...


Today is one of those days that it is just breaking my heart that I don't have a baby in the house anymore. A 3 1/2 year old is not a baby, no matter how many times she is called "baby".

Back when I had a constant and steady supply of babies, I longed for the day when more of my day and my body would be "mine". Now, I would love to be holding a little chub, with a unique but recognizable face, that adds a sweetness and joy like no other.

This is one of the difficult parts about leaving your family planning to God. He must want something else from me just now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good friend of mine has 6 children, and she says the same thing, though she really can't have anymore children. Maybe for that reason, it's even sadder for her.

November 09, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

As hard as these early weeks are, I am happy to have a baby...and I know it might not be again...I get older every year.

November 09, 2007  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

It is so hard, especially when the desire is there but God says no.

November 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hugs-a-bunch*

November 10, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Sending you hugs.
I can't have any more for medical reasons, and some nights I dream about being pregnant and giving birth again......

November 10, 2007  
Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

I had to take the car seat out of the van today, and I forgot that I hadn't put it back in. I looked in the back seat and it startled me, how empty it was!

Transitions are so hard.

November 10, 2007  
Blogger erin said...

I'm sure it doesn't help any (or might be downright unhelpful, I'm not sure), but I thought I'd just say that it's so nice for me, at my stage of the game, to have your perspective and wisdom on this. It oftentimes feels as though the rest of my life is going to be filled with endless babies and diapers and nursings. And while I know *deep down* that that's not true, it really is nice to be reminded that it doesn't last forever--that there will come a time when babies aren't falling from the sky anymore, and that someday, I will have my very last baby. It really does make me savor each day a little more.

November 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home