Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bella



Has anyone else seen the movie "Bella"?

I saw it on Friday evening, and I have to say it was a worthwhile use of my time. It is a good movie, and it gets better as I think about it after the fact. I will post a thorough review of it early this week, but I was just wondering what others thought of it.

Our big rally here was a success on Saturday, although the city is making it more difficult for us by restricting our access on public land. They must want a fight. Anyway, we must really be making an impact, because the local paper didn't even have a mention of this 1000 person protest. This is encouraging, even though frustrating.

More later, peace, out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

Hey, I thought I saw pictures of this on the TV news last night. Was it not this protest? Is there another one? Your picture looks just like what I saw. I came in partway through the story, and they were talking about a fence having been put up around a piece of land, and the protest having been peaceful.

October 28, 2007  
Blogger Renee said...

Yes, Ginger, that is the same one. It has been amazing to see what the city has done to try to limit our right to asssemble. But, it was peaceful. There was a baby shower that collected huge amounts of equiptment and baby gear for pregancy centers. There was praying and picketing. This has been quite a civics lesson for my children, if nothing else!

October 28, 2007  
Blogger Daisy said...

How could they restrict access to public land? You are the public, yes? Hang in there! :o)

October 29, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

I've heard very good things about Bella.

October 29, 2007  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

My friends have been to see this movie and they say it is wonderul. So is this peaceful march and the baby shower. What a lovely idea.

November 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Bella earlier this week, and I really really liked it. Of course, I cried like three times. The heartache on both ends was so palpable. I loved how the pro-life message was subtle but still very much there. I also liked the fact that it's a love story, but not a romance. Hollywood rarely portrays love in its real meaning: serving others and self-sacrifice, but that is what this movie did beautifully. I've been recommending it people left and right, and I'd like to watch it again.

November 03, 2007  
Blogger Kitty said...

I agree with aileen about Bella - it was beautiful. The "true love" message was very well presented.

November 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home