Monday, April 14, 2008

Do you have time for beauty?

I found this article to be fascinating. Joshua Bell, the acclaimed violinist, plays at a D.C. train station during the morning commute. In the busy rush of the day, do think beauty broke through the rush, and touched heart and soul?

How much beauty to we all rush right past because of our hectic lives? I encourage you to read this article, slowly with a cup of tea or coffee, and think about this.

Do you have time for beauty?

(h/t ma beck at ward wide web)

Speaking of beauty, I promise to dig out my camera and get those icon photos posted today. I am still unearthing the floor in most of the bedrooms and doing laundry and catching up on bills and cleaning out my car, which I practically lived in for two weeks. Good thing that icon workshop is only once a year.

So off I go, to conquer my day, while keeping my eyes and ears open and ready to embrace beauty!

Toodles!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I would have noticed! I was there last summer and if I had come across that kind of talent (maybe because it would have been a novelty to me because I had children with me and no work to rush off to) I would have stayed until the end and tried to talk to him. No question!

April 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home