Friday, May 30, 2008

From my Mother's Journal, 12/6/98


While cleaning up my room, I came across one of my many partially filled journals. I was thumbing through, and came across this entry, that coordinated nicely with my last two posts.

I wish somehow I could save the moments when we are all sitting together, the four beautiful children, laughing and busy, unaware of my very misty gaze. Where did these people come from? How did I end up in charge? All of a sudden my world is so large, so vast. I feel as if I have the universe in my hands. Each one of them is so unique, so dear, and right NOW they are so cute and pudgy and pink and soft and innocent and pure, it hurts to think of time passing. Too quickly, I tell you.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sniffle.

May 30, 2008  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Lovely! I can relate.

May 31, 2008  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Wow. Nice post.

May 31, 2008  
Blogger Cheryl Lage said...

She expressed so beautifully what seems inexplicable. Lovely.

June 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! This is exactly what has been upon my heart to do....i am perhaps at a point in my life when i am realising more and more that i am a physically mortal being and that especially as i'm a single parent, the childrens lives would be so much changed if i were to die before they are grown into adults....that i would like them to have something lasting to reflect on, perhaps a book, a diary, somehting written just for them...a way for them to connect with me, to know how much they man to me....

I think it's just beautiful for you to have something like this of your mothers...to read her own words that convey an everlasting meaning, because they convey such a depth of love.

Your mothers writing has inadvertantly inspired me to continue on with this endeavour for my on children :-)

June 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what a dork i am, i thought the title meant that this was YOUR MOTHERS journal!


But i still mean everything i said :-)

June 05, 2008  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh, Deb, you aren't a dork, or the only one who thought in was my mom's journal. I think I wrote it in a confusing way, but can't think of a clearer way to do it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

June 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home