Tuesday, May 13, 2008


In the May issue of Real Simple, which I received for Mother's Day, I came across this quote. While I am STILL awaiting time to rent and watch the cathartic movies, this quote gave me a plan B:

From My Mother's 15 Simple Rules:

2. When you're sad, don't fight it - accessorize it. Get some gin and cigarettes, then play Edith Piaf until the CD starts to skip.


Last night I searched iTunes for Edith Piaf, and stumbled across a album called "100 Classic French Songs". Here is the kicker ~ it was $9.99. Of course they are all in French (duh!) but are these songs terrific!! Some are sad, and and the ones that are not will go well with gin and cigarettes anyway. Actually, as most of you know, I prefer Maker's Mark over gin, and I quit smoking 2 years ago, but...

So I am off to begin the day, with French love songs bouncing around in my head, and thinking of taking up the accordion. Could be a worse way to start the day, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I want to rent the new movie about her.

And, I get that magazine too. It's a lovely treasure.

May 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home