Tuesday, November 17, 2009

a-hem


Wow. Baby is better now, but is suffering from post sickness clingies. My, oh, my. She has apparently decided she likes only sleeping on my chest, with me in a recliner.

Picture quiet, dark house at 1:00am, a sound asleep, floppy baby, placed ever so gently in her crib, becoming suddenly and violently awake. She is practically FURIOUS that I would dare consider putting her down. I give it a few minutes to see if she settles, but alas, FURIOUS doesn't settle back down. So it is back to the recliner, to start all over. Rinse and repeat 4 or 5 times, and then the alarms start going off in the various bedrooms, signaling to me night has ended, and a new day has begun. Wearily, I get out of the recliner, and place the sweetie in her crib. Does she awaken? Is she furious? No. She snuggles in, lets out a deep, contented sigh, and sleeps for 2 hours. I, of course, am up, slugging coffee (reminiscent of post all-nighters in my college days), shuttling my eldest to school and getting everyone ready for another day. I am tempted to wake her up with a furious scream of my own, but that would make me pretty immature, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home