Friday, May 06, 2011

Seven Quick Takes. When I say quick, I mean quick


1) Help. The laundry is winning.

2) The weeds are growing like, well, weeds. Weeding required bending down to pull. I am not into bending down, currently. KIDS... momma has a job for you!

3) Sun!! Warm!! I know I'll regret this in a few months, but Praise God the sun is out and it'll be in the high 60's today. Yippee!!!

4) The great room shuffle has to be done as soon as school is out, to make room for the new wee lad. UGH. Not looking forward to it. Maybe we'll set up the little crib and move the recliner to a corner in my room and skip the whole things. The nursery, which is a room attached to mine, currently is inhabited by Melanie.

5) I feel guilty sometimes when I look at her playing blissfully in her room, knowing she is going to be demoted soon, and that she has no idea what is coming her way.

6) Eldest son said he could give up his room when he goes to college. I asked him what about summer and weekends? He said he could just sleep in the basement. Nice young man, that.

7) I really can not wrap my head around the fact that I am at a phase in life where one of my children may not have a bedroom here anymore.

More quick takes at conversion diary.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Your eldest son is nicer than I was. I refused to give up my room for years after I'd gone to college.

May 06, 2011  
Blogger Mimi said...

That's sweet about your oldest.

May 06, 2011  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I had not been reading many blogs as of late...and I am seeing that you will be having another baby! Congratulation and blessings, lady! :) Sorry I am so slow on the draw.
That Facebook has entangled me terribly, but Alexa and I had a talk and we are trying to write blog posts more again. Anyway, good to visit you here again! Suzanne

May 09, 2011  
Anonymous aileen said...

I like the idea of setting up the little crib in your room. Babies co-sleep for so long, anyway, right?

And I felt guilty about demoting Emma until the day Sarah was born. In fact, I knew I was in labor when I lay down with her for her afternoon nap, and I was totally tearing up. It all works out, though. The adjustment is going pretty well, though not always easy. Emma still holds a very special in our hearts, despite there being a precious new baby around. It really is amazing how your love can just keep growing, instead of running out with each new kid as a lot of people so mistakenly believe...

May 09, 2011  
Blogger Renee said...

Melanie would NOT nurse with me lying down. I had to sit up. She has never co-slept. I guess I need to wait and see what this little guy is like.

May 10, 2011  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

A boy! A bundle of blue! How wonderful for you! :o)

If I would have had a boy, I'd have named him Samuel after my Papaw. Putting my name in the pot. ;o)

May God continue to bless you! HUG

May 14, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home