Friday, April 01, 2011

7 Quick Takes Post Ultrasound Edition

So, you saw the pictures in the last post, right?

1. As you can see, we're have a boy. This will be our 4th boy, and at the time of his arrival, the boys in this house will be 18, 13, 9, and newborn. Quite spread out.

2. So, we have seven children in 10 years. A five year gap. Then and girl and a boy in 2 years. It is like having two families. A big one, and a "normal" one. We get it all!

3. I can now focus my attention on attaining boy clothes, since everything baby in our house is pink and frilly. Although, since our announcement last night, I have had lots of offers for baby boy clothes, so I think we'll be well taken care of, again.

4. And wooden toys! I love wooden truck, planes and trains, and I had just about gotten rid of them, since our soon to be 9 year old is outgrowing them, but now, I can keep them, and maybe get a few more.

5. And boy names~ what fun! I am already enjoying the search for the perfect name. We have names set aside when the last two babies were girls, we have some new favorites, and probably some terrific ones I haven't even thought of yet. What fun!

6. And it was such a relief to me to see his perfect little self. His little heart beating away, his little snuggles and squirms. He was much calmer than the last two babies during ultrasounds. Almost as if he was sleeping.

7. Now I feel I can get on with this pregnancy. The ultrasound really did help, and despite what I am sure will be some lingering fears, I have such love for this little guy already, I can handle it. This is going to be so great! Thanks for your prayers. The help has been noticeable, appreciated, and such a great charity on your part. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

More Quick Takes at Jen's place.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Glad to read such good news !
Keeping you and your family in my prayers....

April 01, 2011  
Blogger Mimi said...

How exciting indeed!

April 01, 2011  
Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Oh glad indeed. I've always felt somehow that the baby was more "real" once I knew the sex. Perhaps it's silly but being able to give them a name makes it more a person and less a "pregnancy". SO glad you are feeling more peaceful.

April 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home