Wednesday, February 15, 2006

And so the journey begins...

Today I explained to the children that mommy hasn't been taking good care of herself, and that was making her unhappy. It may appear to them at times that it was they themselves that made me unhappy, but be assured, it wasn't.

So I outlined the plan. I need to go on a walk every day. They will have to hold down the fort while I go, and do so willingly, cheerfully, and without complication. In the long run, this will benefit everyone, including all the children.

I need to drink more water, eat better food, and get more sleep. The basics. I make sure my kids get all those things. Now it's my turn. So, today I did all these things, and it was good. The kids were enthusiastic about my plan (that should tell you how crabby I have been). Upon my return from my walk, my 9 year old daughter had written my list of needs on the white board, with this illustration underneath the list:
(Ayekah, do you see how LARGE the mug is?;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

OMG!! Renee...........that is the best..........We need to photocopy that and paste it on all our fridges!! Bless your smart little girls heart!! "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Thank you for the best laugh in a month!!

February 16, 2006  
Blogger Essy said...

Good luck on your journey...taking good care of His Temple is always a worthy undertaking.

February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering what's in the mug... *LOL* I admire the commitment that you have just made to yourself. *Hugs*

February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my goddaughter! :-) What a sweetie. I hope with all my heart that you don't let anything get in the way of taking care of yourself.
P.S. Did you get my message? I am coming next Sat.

February 17, 2006  
Blogger Philothea Rose said...

Congrats on your new plan! It's a good one!

February 17, 2006  
Blogger rita said...

go renee!! i'm cheering for ya'!

February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go, girl!

Maybe you'll be inspiration to me!

February 17, 2006  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

I second Mama T!! I need to have that kind of talk with my kids!!!

February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home