Saturday, April 29, 2006

I decided to FreshenThings Up


I took a page from Alexa's book, and messed around with my template, and like the sleek new look. I also added a few more links. I added Luminous Miseries, which holds the record for being on my blogroll the least amount of time, because when I checked the link to see if it worked, I saw Owen had closed it down. He has replaced it with these new
blogs, and I highly recommed checking them out.

I was going to delete a few links, as they are inactive, but decided to just put them at the bottom of the list with a # next to them. Who knows, they might come back.

Do you ever remove people from your blog roll? If so, why? I have been dropped, and it makes me feel as if I have done something wrong. Maybe if there are reasons that are purely practical, I won't take it so personally.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new look. I am open to feedback about it. LMK. And enjoy meeting Owen if you haven't already.

Blessings!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

I don't mind being dropped from a blogroll. It just means my stuff isn't working for someone.

I've revised my blogroll, but it's not because I don't enjoy the blogs that aren't there anymore. I just happened to decide that I wanted a certain theme to my links. So I focused my blogroll on that theme, and still visit all my old friends via bookmarks and bloglines.

Hope that helps.

I enjoy dropping by here! :)

April 29, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

I did comment on your previous post that I like the new you here!!
I do from time to time clean house on my blogroll, it's already pretty short and the reasoning that I only "really" read a few of them, and for various reasons. Mostly my own effective use of time. Not that I am a poor time manager........nothing like that:)

April 29, 2006  
Blogger owenswain said...

Nice and clean. Good. No blogroll, no problem. I haven't kept one for quite a while now. I keep track of my reads via an rss feeder.

Owen
indexcardart.ca

April 29, 2006  
Blogger owenswain said...

But you are sweat and I hang my head in shame because I just noticed your blogroll and who is there at the top, um, me. Oh how chagrin should have been my middle name. However, it is true that I don't keep a general blogroll. Obviously, you are in my rss feed list though ;-) for here I am.

April 29, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

I actually hesitated to bring up the "blogroll" thing , but for some reason it was "sniggling" at me. So, I am glad I asked, because Ginger, Amy, Ayekah, Owen, your explainations really do make sense. I always knew I was being silly, but now that I got it off my chest, I feel much better. Thanks, all.

April 29, 2006  
Blogger Kate said...

renee - I like the new template. Easy to read and quick to load.

As for blogrolls - I've been dropped from quite a few in these last fews months of inactivity. I don't sweat it too much - I wouldn't be reading me these days ;-) - but it would hurt my feelings a tad bit if it was someone I feel I've gotten to know like you or Alicia. KWIM? I use bloglines myself, so it's pretty much just the blogs I actually read.

April 29, 2006  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

I like the new look Renee!


Linking on blog rolls does affect the TTLB system and blog ratings so in that sense it can make a difference.

You're on my roll!

May 01, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Looks good.

I need to mess with my Blogroll, it's not been dealt with in an embarassing amount of time.

May 01, 2006  
Blogger Essy said...

I really like the new look. Very refreshing.

May 01, 2006  
Blogger Mama Heffalump said...

Love the new look... maybe I need to freshen mine too. Then again, what if I delete myself again? *LOL*

May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home