Friday, October 20, 2006

home, hearth, and health


I'm back, since Monday night. It's been a steady week of school, laundry and preparing for our Octoberfest/12th birthday for my eldest daughter. Today we decorated our new garage for the party, as the weather report is less than encouraging for our planned outdoor party. But, it looks festive and cozy, and it's not supposed to be cold, just rainy. We will have about 60-70 people here, with brats, stew, apple dumplings and pumpkin pie. Everyone will bring a dish to pass to fill out the menu. It'll be loads of fun!

The ladies get away was terrific fun, and as I had hoped, full of food and wine, chocolate, shopping and heart-to-heart talks. It could easily been twice as long, but we figure we'll just have to do it again before an entire year goes by. When I get pictures from my sister-in-law, I'll share.

Anyway, I don't have more time than this, so I'm off to shop for our party food, and then have a nice hot toddy when I return (I'm fighting off this nasty cold everyone has).

Hot Toddy-


1 quarter lemon, juiced into a mug.
one good 3 second squeeze of honey
one good 3 second pour of Maker's Mark Whiskey
Fill mug with boiling water.
Stir, Inhale healing steam, then sip the healing liquid. Get a blankie, get cozy, and enjoy the medicine!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I have never had a Hot Toddy, but always wanted to try one.

I shall look into picking up some whisky.

Although, really, I'm not a fan of honey - how honey do they taste?

October 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"brats"? That's a HECK of a thing to be calling the children of your guests! LOL (only kidding -- I know you mean brats as in sausage...)
Couldn't resist.

Woo hoo!

October 20, 2006  
Blogger Nevermore said...

Damn, Alexa beat me to it.

October 20, 2006  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Have a wonderful party. sounds like it will be fun.

October 20, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

Oh happy day, Renee is back!

Octoberfest sure sounds good, how I wish I could come and join you, and that hot toddy sounds good, I've had a yucky cold all this week too though I've been a completely miserable Mum, which I'm sure you haven't!

Hope all goes well!

October 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Nevermore!

October 21, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Have a great party!

I passed that hot toddy recipe on to my hubby. We always have Maker's Mark in stock.

October 22, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne Temple said...

We like Apple Toddies in fall. I like the "three second" instruction in your recipe.

October 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The party plans sound great! Now I wants some brats... *Yummy*

Does this toddy work on the creeping crud? *Cough-Sniffle*

October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home