Tuesday, January 29, 2008

varia

Been busy. Very very busy. Icons, surprise 41st birthday parties for my dh, visit from my sister-in-law that included a trip to California Pizza Kitchen (yum), a fruitful trip to the thrift store, Chico's 75% off sale (sweet), seeing the movie "Juno", praying together at Liturgy, a nummy Sunday breakfast out, followed by setting up for the big party. Then the big party, that I "threw together" in a week, delighted my husband, and fed over 50 people Italian Beef and other delectable delights, and now, pulling my house back together.

To those I owe a "little something" in the mail, I absolutely haven't forgotten, just haven't gotten my act together. I will. I promise. Today.


And I don't have the time or the ability to sort out and put into words a spiritual imperative that has been popping up over and over and swarming me like a bunch of bees. The gist? Love one another. Like Jesus told us to. Any pain that comes in the process will be taken care of by the Divine Healer. In the meantime, just love.

It needs work, it need refining, but the call has been put out there, and now I just pray for the grace to respond.

Blessings!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hugs-a-bunch*

January 29, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

Hugs! It sounds like good busy!

January 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard that surprise party was a lot of fun. too bad we couldn't join in the festivities! how was 'juno' incidentally?

i went to see 'the business of being born,' which was really eye-opening. in a scary way. have you heard of it? now i want to talk to you about midwives and water birth. and completely avoid the hospital.

January 29, 2008  
Blogger ukok said...

belated birthday greetings to your beloved. I'm so glad i'm back online so that i can read all my fave blogs again, of which yours, of course, is one!

(((big hugs)))
Deb x

January 29, 2008  
Blogger Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Renee,
Do you happen to know of an Eastern Rite church, prominent in Ethiopia, called the Ge'ez rite? And if so, do you happen to know how I might find one nearby to bring our Ethiopian born children?

Thanks!
God Bless,
Jane

January 30, 2008  
Blogger Renee said...

Jane, I have been looking into this and heard that there is an Orthodox Church in Chicago (St. Mark's) that is Ethiopian. I will try to find a Catholic one, but maybe you could start there. I'll get back to you.

January 31, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home