Wednesday, June 04, 2008

varia, misc., etc....

Who-Boy, does time fly when nice weather hits. I have been gardening, weeding, planting, playing, and visiting. Life stuff. I also have been on an Amazon.com kick, and gotten a bunch of new books. So far I am reading simultaneously,:

The Temperament God Gave You
by Art and Laraine Bennett
Feeling and Healing Your Emotions by Dr. Conrad W. Barrs
It's So You by Mary Sheehan Warren
The Better Part by Fr. John Bartunek
Keeping House, the Litany of Everyday Life by Margaret Kim Peterson
Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To by Anthony Destafano

This is on top of the stack of books already in progress, like a few Brother Cadfael mysteries, a book on Mother Teresa, and waiting patiently are 2 Maeve Binchy novels, The Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith, and The Feast of Love by Charles Baxter.

I have visions of sitting on my patio, in a sun hat, reclining on my new chaise lounge I just bought for $4.99 at the thrift store, and reading, reading, reading. So far the lounge remains folded up in the garage, and I read the books for 10.2 seconds at bedtime before I fall asleep.

I also have had more dental work done, and had a week of mouth pain. My teeth never hurt before I went to the dentist. Go figure. I praise God Almighty for ibuprofen, and I am not kidding. I have taken more ibuprofen after the dental work than I did after any of my births, and I am not kidding. Any young moms out there, here is some free advice (take it for what it is worth). Keep good care of your teeth. Don't get too busy or tired. I am paying now for the follies of my youth in that department. Make an appointment today!

I have weeded and planted 2 wild areas in my crazyacres, and every. time. I go outside to relax, I see more yard work to do, and start pulling weeds, or digging around my plants. I cannot keep my fingernails clean for more than 15 minutes. I get every pair of my nice sandals dirty by absentmindedly gardening, stained many of my "good" clothes, and despite keeping my nails cut to the quick, they are always dirty.

I have a pile of photos to share, of random prettiness, of my garden progress and of a music fest that was held at our house Monday night. Life has been full of guests, visiting, working and playing. I have tried and loved a new set of summer drinks, including blueberry green iced tea, mohito, with fresh mint from my garden, and gin and tonic, with a twist. Also Weiss beer, with the required lemon wedge. Very refreshing.

Well, that's the update. I am off to shower and change and go to a dinner invite. Life is good!

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

My friend just gave me "The Temperment God Gave You." I plan on reading it this summer too. Let's remember to discuss it. I am interested in the combinations of temperments in marriages. What works and what is a challenge.

June 04, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

your life sounds "full of life," from gardening, to music, to visiting with friends. it all sounds wonderful! (probably quite tiring, too, but still good!)

i think most people have a neverending list of books they are going to read. i guess that's what retirement is for, right? i'm still plugging away at my book, which i too read for a couple minutes at bedtime and then doze off.

June 04, 2008  
Blogger Laraine said...

Thanks, Mary Poppins, for reading our book! I am excited to tell you that our second book is coming out this July: The Temperament God Gave Your Spouse--it should be even better than the first! ;-) Anyway, thanks for mentioning our book and I hope you enjoy the second one!

June 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you clean your nails before you went to dinner? *Grin*

June 05, 2008  
Blogger Renee said...

LOL this little piggy! I gave it my absolute best. No one said anything to me, so I guess it was good enough. Thanks for the laugh today ~ it felt good!!

June 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hugs-a-bunch*

June 06, 2008  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I am also dealing with mouth and jaw pain after visiting a dentist and having 4 cavities filled. I had NO pain before this work was done. GRRRR.

You'll have to say how you like those books you are reading. I have read "The Temperament God Gave You" and I own "It's So You" but have not read it yet. I'm interested in hearing about "Keeping House" and just saw in the comments that a new book on temperament is pending--I'll be ordering it for sure!

June 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home