7 Quick Takes Friday, baby edition!!
Quick takes, baby edition! Yea!!! I was waiting for this, and now she's here!
1) Just this morning, for the first time since she was born, baby took a nap in her bassinet. I got to make and drink coffee, make steel cut oats, and begin this post. We'll see if I get to finish it before she awakens, but even still, this is a first.
2) Sadly, she did get thrush. I was afraid of that since I was on anti-biotics for the root canal. I have been taking tons of pro-biotics the entire pregnancy and post-partum period, but we are still battling yeast. Piffle.
3) As I commented on frequently during my pregnancy, I felt terrific and downright youthful while I was pregnant (excepting the last 2 weeks). I have, however, felt everyone of my 42 and 3/4 years during this post partum time. My neck and shoulders are sore from HOLDING the baby. My hips ache. My stomach hurts, I still look 6 months pregnant. I am dizzy tired. And I am so happy about getting to have Melanie in our lives, I can barely stand it.
4) While I was nursing the baby this morning, on the most painful side, my four year old daughter was noticing my grimace. She looked concerned, then convicted, and then she said, "I know what will help you mommy." She then took her little hand and softly began to rub my cheek. "Does this make it feel better, mommy?" It absolutely did!
5) Two days ago, the baby awoke with a goopy eye. I then remembered the miraculous healing powers of breast milk, and after a few applications, her eye is clear. Isn't God smart?
6) I am filled with excited anticipation to have my son home in a week and a half. I can not wait to introduce him to his new little sister and God-daughter. He and my eldest daughter have agreed to be Melanie's Godparents, and I couldn't be happier about it!
7) Melanie will have the honor of being Baptized and Chrismated at the Easter Vigil this year. In the Eastern church, babies are Baptized, Confirmed and receive the Holy Eucharist all at the same time. A sacramental trifecta, so to speak. It is going to be a big, joyful day at our house!!
Well, baby is crying now, so off I go. Check out Conversion Diary for more Quick takes.
(Photos courtesy of my eldest daughter)