Friday, March 27, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday, baby edition!!



Quick takes, baby edition! Yea!!! I was waiting for this, and now she's here!

1) Just this morning, for the first time since she was born, baby took a nap in her bassinet. I got to make and drink coffee, make steel cut oats, and begin this post. We'll see if I get to finish it before she awakens, but even still, this is a first.

2) Sadly, she did get thrush. I was afraid of that since I was on anti-biotics for the root canal. I have been taking tons of pro-biotics the entire pregnancy and post-partum period, but we are still battling yeast. Piffle.

3) As I commented on frequently during my pregnancy, I felt terrific and downright youthful while I was pregnant (excepting the last 2 weeks). I have, however, felt everyone of my 42 and 3/4 years during this post partum time. My neck and shoulders are sore from HOLDING the baby. My hips ache. My stomach hurts, I still look 6 months pregnant. I am dizzy tired. And I am so happy about getting to have Melanie in our lives, I can barely stand it.

4) While I was nursing the baby this morning, on the most painful side, my four year old daughter was noticing my grimace. She looked concerned, then convicted, and then she said, "I know what will help you mommy." She then took her little hand and softly began to rub my cheek. "Does this make it feel better, mommy?" It absolutely did!

5) Two days ago, the baby awoke with a goopy eye. I then remembered the miraculous healing powers of breast milk, and after a few applications, her eye is clear. Isn't God smart?

6) I am filled with excited anticipation to have my son home in a week and a half. I can not wait to introduce him to his new little sister and God-daughter. He and my eldest daughter have agreed to be Melanie's Godparents, and I couldn't be happier about it!

7) Melanie will have the honor of being Baptized and Chrismated at the Easter Vigil this year. In the Eastern church, babies are Baptized, Confirmed and receive the Holy Eucharist all at the same time. A sacramental trifecta, so to speak. It is going to be a big, joyful day at our house!!

Well, baby is crying now, so off I go. Check out Conversion Diary for more Quick takes.
(Photos courtesy of my eldest daughter)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet about MT!! How is she doing with Melanie? In the pic of her holding baby, she looks like Isabel! So awesome that B and C are going to be Godparents. It really makes a special bond. I still feel very protective of Carl. Especially spiritually!

I really hope I get to go out there in May! I'm aching to hold that baby!!

March 27, 2009  
Blogger ukok said...

the last photograph is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing :-)

March 27, 2009  
Blogger the mother of this lot said...

What beautiful pictures!

March 27, 2009  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

So much hair! Your baby is beautiful and sweet. I want to crawl into the computer and sniff her head!

Thrush is the devil incarnate. I am convinced of it.

March 28, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

What a sweetie pie! :o)

Thrush? Have you tried the old Baptist method of blowing in her mouth? Don't laugh. God works in mysterious ways. ;o)

March 28, 2009  
Blogger Kimberly said...

yeah ,hurray, congratulations
She is beautiful...there is nothing so wonderful in this world as holding a newborn. I had more trouble in the first month of nursing my later babies, than all the early ones combined.
Seeing your new daughter makes my arms ache for another, but i still cringe at the thought of another c-section, and at 43 well, we'll just have to wait and see

March 28, 2009  
Blogger Mimi said...

Piffle indeed! I'm so glad that the breast milk has improved the goopy eye, and hugs to you!

I will pray for her as she approaches her Baptism. Many Years!

March 28, 2009  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh, sweet dear! She is soooo precious! Blessings and congratulations! :) Amen!
Love, Suzanne

March 30, 2009  
Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

She is gorgeous. And I love the name, of course. :)

I'd never heard that about breast milk and goopy eyes. I'll keep that in mind with our next little one, due in July.

God bless her on her Baptism and Chrismation (is that the right word? it looks wrong.)

March 31, 2009  
Blogger Kitty said...

She is absolutely beautiful! God bless you!

March 31, 2009  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

How sweet! and so expressive!! Congratulations.

April 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home