Friday, March 13, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday


--1--

Well, here we are again, and no baby edition for me. I realllllly thought we were up and running during the night, as I had my first episode of regular, although quite spaced apart, contractions. Alas, when I did get up this morning, all rumblings quieted down, and I was left to wonder "when". It's alright, though, because I just wasn't ready to do it all today. I just wasn't.

--2--

I had to skedaddle early this morning to the midwife's appointment. All is still well. I gained weight this week. One week I gain weight (and the midwife is concerned), the next week I loose weight (and the other midwife is concerned). Next week, if I am still pregnant, I have to have a non-stress test and an ultrasound to verify the health of the placenta. I ardently hope my placenta is retired by next week. Ardently.

--3--

I have a tooth that needs a crown, one that my dentist said is in good enough shape to wait until the baby is born to deal with. Apparently, my tooth disagrees, as it flared up two days ago to such a degree that the entire side of my face is in pain. The upside? I get Tylenol with Codine, and the sleep I have been getting during the day has been phenomenal! I mean truly divine. I am not, I repeat, not looking forward to the root canal I will need either tomorrow or soon after the baby is born. I never thought I would get to test the theory that childbirth is better than a root canal. I would have been content to leave it an irrelevant saying.

--4--

My forced bulbs are blooming in the house.

--5--

I am letting my little girl (age 4) watch way too many movies. I have to read to her more instead. Picture this: hugely pregnant women on codine attempting to read to a 4 year old who really wants to be on her mom's lap. The lap doesn't currently exist, and the mom's head starts bobbing middle way through page one of the book. So it boils down to, "What do you want to watch, Cinderella or Robin Hood?"

--6--

If all goes well, I should get to do a water birth again. The arrangements have all been made. Now I just need things to go as planned. Silly of me, I know. But I can hope, eh?

--7--

I am going to go lay down right now, and will be asleep in 3 seconds. Lame entry, but all I can come up with at this moment. My body is literally screaming at me to go take a nap, so I will.

PRAY that the baby is born soon and safely, please!

More of these at Conversion Diary!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

My ardent wishes as well.

Poor you, nodding off while reading. Sigh! It's ok.

March 13, 2009  
Blogger Stina said...

Here's a prayer for baby to come soon. I know how you are feeling!

March 13, 2009  
Blogger AnneDroid said...

May God bless you and ALL of yours. Praying that all goes well.

March 13, 2009  
Blogger Anna B. said...

Praying..

March 13, 2009  
Blogger the mother of this lot said...

1. I also hope that your placenta is retired by next week.

2. I once got an abcess in a tooth at 39+ weeks.

3. Childbirth is better than a root canal.

4. Praying (ardently) for retired placenta, safe delivery, healthy baby and happy mom!

xx

March 15, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Praying! :o)

I choose Robin Hood. I love Lady Cluck. Ooodle Lolly.

March 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home