Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fruitful


I am purging the classroom this week. It is so freeing to get rid of idealistic products I bought in the past and never used. It is like getting rid of clothes that are too small for me. I am finally learning to deal in reality. There is a small amount of grieving involved when I am real and acknowledge that I am what I am, and not what I have pictured. But once I deal with the real, I can live authentically, not in fairy tale land. I find the real me is just fine, happier, more content, and more grateful. When I was constantly hinging my happiness on future pursuits that I didn't attain, I always felt a little victimized by my life. When I purge all that, I feel I am actually content and fruitful. A much better place to be! It is like my new favorite quote on my sidebar, about being fruitful rather than successful. Works for me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Doesn't fruitful = Successful? :o)

July 29, 2009  
Anonymous Patricia said...

Good for you! One thing that helps me to do just this, on a yearly & much needed basis, is to regularly read Fr. Thomas Dubay's "Happy Are You Poor: The Simple Life & Spiritual Freedom".

July 29, 2009  
Blogger Renee said...

Patricia, I have that book, read a bit, and now must go dig it out and start again. Thanks for the heads up.

Mother M. As always, thanks for your encouragement. You are awesome!

July 29, 2009  
Blogger Kelli said...

Hello,
I was wondering what you will be doing with the homeschool materials you are purging. Will you be selling them somewhere? I am trying to get all of my books together second hand this year now that we have 4 kids in school. Just a thought.
kelli
learningtolearnthelittleway.blogspot.com

August 07, 2009  
Blogger rita said...

love this! thanks for the inspiration.

August 13, 2009  
Blogger Renee said...

Kelli,

I'd be happy to pass on to you anything I have that you need. I hate to Goodwill the stuff. email me with what you need, and I'll get back to you!

August 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home