Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fail

The other day I happened to view and enjoy this post, about a cute wee one having his first cereal and loving it. A darling series of photos, don't you think? So I realized that my little one is older than the aforementioned baby in this post, so I went and bought some cereal, post haste. I unpacked my pump, for I intended to be the perfect mother who only lets her little one eat cereal with breast milk (never before have I done this. Until now, I either skipped cereal all together, or mixed it with juice or cows milk). I bought the cute spoons, I put on the cute bib. I mixed the cereal with freshly expressed milk so it would be the most favorable temperature. And I took pictures (Melanie turned eight months old yesterday. I know. Impossible).

Ignore the cluttered counter top. Nothing to see here. Move along.
"Hmm. What is this rather lame attempt at amusement. If you insist, I'll deign to give it a taste."
Mildly concerned. Check out her eyebrows.

"Am I supposed to be impressed?"



As you can see, she had to do it herself, wouldn't let anyone feed her. She gave it a test taste, and spit it right out. No thank you. My meager offering was rejected.



Verdict: Her Royal Highness was not impressed.

Back to my lazy parenting ways of nursing until she can feed herself. I am all about finger food. Until then, you can find my in my recliner nursing the baby.

4 Comments:

Anonymous heidi said...

So funny!! Her facial expressions are priceless!!

November 18, 2009  
Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

HRH is adorable.

After my experiences with Sophie and her food sensitivities I am leaning much more strongly toward your "lazy parenting" school of extended nursing until finger food. With Sophie things were complicated by the fact that I was pregnant and trying to cope with an 8 month's old appetite on top of first trimester sickies was really hard. But if you have the leisure to nurse, I'd totally go for it. I'm hoping to introduce solids much later this time with Ben.

November 18, 2009  
Blogger Jennifer in TX said...

Renee,
I am a card-carrying member of the "lazy parenting" school of exending nursing...tried mashed bananas with my first and failed and thus was born my parenting style--has worked well six times in a row! Good try with Melanie, though. At least you got pics! :)

November 18, 2009  
Anonymous aileen said...

I like your approach! Emma was clearly interested in food at 6 months, so I've been making my own baby food since then, using this site: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com and the handy dandy immersion blender our lovely in-laws gave me the last time they were here. I actually read on that site that babies shouldn't start solids until *at least* 6 mos. There is also no need to start them on cereal; you can do a mild food like banana or avocado.

I, too, love the pics! :)

November 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home