Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hope

I couldn't sleep a wink last night. Partly because I stayed up late to watch a movie alone. I had to stay up til 1:00 am to get the house to myself. Crazy.

So, I watched a movie, tried to go to sleep afterward, and all that happened was my brain began to churn and churn, and my heart rate picked up, and I was as awake as I wish I could be during the day!

There is nothing quite so comforting as the sunrise after a sleepless, worried night. It does bring hope, relief, clarity.

One of the lovely parts about winter here is the trees are bare, and I get to see the sunrise and sunsets. This morning the sunrise was like medicine to me, and I suspect the sunset will be right about time for me to go to bed!

I have seen people settling on a word for this new year. When I first contemplated doing this for myself, the word was not really fit to print in this family friendly blog. So, I thought better of the entire thing. Then I kept seeing this idea, and I thought for certain "Fortitude" would be my word. But, no, maybe "Patience". No, "Trust". Oh crikey, forget it.

Now, today, the word presented itself. Hope.

And so I will.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me of one of my favorite psalms:
Psalm 30:5
"At dusk weeping comes for the night; but at dawn there is rejoicing."

The things that trouble us in the night can be called "night demons," but joy comes in the morning.
So maybe hope AND joy!

Barb

January 19, 2010  
Blogger Rocky said...

Lovely thoughts, Renee.

"Hope rises in time, from all places subject to death. Hope is its counterweight. The dying world unveils its life through hope." ~JPII

God bless. Happy New Year!

January 21, 2010  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

maybe you should have picked 'crickey' - that would be a hilarious plague on your kitchen wall......
and btw; yes, that is from that awesome sale we went to with your Mom, and your word verification is hyoly - looks like holy to me - ;)

talked to DD - and she sounds good!! kids too.....

January 21, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home