Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Science Class




I do a science class with seven elementary students. We are doing a nature journal, and have used our powers of observation to document the wonder our our world. Today, I was fatigued with winter, and rather than doing another winter study, I decided to study shells. I have a decent sized collection, and a few books, so we read about shells, the creatures that lived in them, the ocean they may have come from, and then just marveled at their beauty. Between "listening" to the waves in the shells, and feeling the sand fall on our hands from turning the shells around and around, and the bright sun streaming in the window, we almost felt as if we had a vacation.


I love the sight of sunshine streaming through blue glass. It is one of my very favorite things! Not a shell, but it reminded me of the beach anyway, except for the snow in the back ground. I'll pretend it is white sand.

There. All better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was in your class! What fun. Very creative.

Barb

February 17, 2010  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

Hey......you are right......your camera now, or I should say YOU are taking much better pictures....

that picture of the kids all working is a total keeper......

and that's quite a spread you have out for fasting!.....looks like a party! :)

February 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home