Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Little One!

Well, this is it. I'll spend all day thinking, "At this time LAST YEAR, I was eating out with my mom, timing contractions." "At this time last year I was deciding if I should take the girls to choir, or stay home and see what happens." Then a mere 2 hours later, "At this time last year I was on the way to the hospital." And finally, at 10:15 pm, "At this time last year I fell in love again."



Happy, Happy Birthday, my little Melanie Christine Patrice Marie! What a lovely, sweet year this has been!





I would like to go on and on about what an unexpected joy Melanie's arrival was. But I will limit it to these words.

What a gift and a blessing to feel such joy, not tinged with the fatigue and overwhelm I had with previous pregnancies. To have the luxury of sitting in my lovely room, holding, nursing, and soaking her in, without the constant interruptions I had with previous babies. To have a true sense of healing some of the tender spots in my soul and psyche, to regain my joy, my trust and my confidence. To heal my memories of previous babies, where I had focuses on my overwhelm and forgotten some of the sweetness. Many, many moments spent caring for Melanie brought exquisite but fragile memories of my other sweet wee ones back to me.

Mostly, I just want to express my gratitude, to The Giver Of Life. Praise God for His generosity and loving kindness!

And May God grant Melanie many more years, in peace, health and happiness!

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

God grant her Many Years !!!!!

March 17, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday to sweet Melanie!

Barb

March 17, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

This post made me tear up! Every child is a blessing, obviously, but to really savor and enjoy their babyhood is even more so!

March 19, 2010  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

God's blessings on your sweetie pie! :o)

March 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home