Monday, March 01, 2010

Sweet!

I definitely should have taken a "before" photo, but here is the "after". This took me all day, because I made certain to put everything either where it goes, or in the trash, or in a Goodwill bag. Viola!


And here is the GARBAGE that was on my desk.


So the 40 bags effort today produced 2 bags of trash, and one bag of discards. I didn't do any over the weekend, so I am just now even. I also cleaned out my desk in the kitchen, and basically threw all of the stuff away. It had been there for 9 years, ever since we moved in. Tomorrow, I have a crate of papers I will go through, and I think they will all be garbage, too. Time for a fire in our fire pit, which is must faster than shredding all these papers.

Now, for my ordinary day photos:




Early morning visitors to my room, before breakfast, before bed making, before dressing for one little guy. But he does have his fedora on =).

3 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Mama said...

Wow! That desk looks fantastic!! Want to come do mine? ;)

March 02, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks wonderful! I'm loving this 40 bags challenge! Friday, I organized my linen closet. It was a crazy jumble of messily-folded sheets and towels and beauty/hygiene products, most of which were expired or never touched. I had no idea what all was in there. Now, that closet brings a smile to my face every time I open the door!

Yesterday, I finally went through a box that had been sitting on my dryer since we moved in 3.5 years ago. Most of it was trash. Why the heck didn't I do this sooner?! I guess I was too overwhelmed to start. I'm slowly making my way through the house, but the biggest projects to tackle will be my room (which includes my craft/sewing corner) and our storage room. It will be so worth it, though!

March 02, 2010  
Blogger Mimi said...

I need to do this as well - I did my desk, but there are other places (the top of the bookshelf comes to mind) that are in dire need.

And, when you have a fedora, what more do you need?

March 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home