Monday, July 18, 2005

Things that are absolutely driving me crazy today

1. Whenever the baby sleeps through the night, the cat or dog wakes me up at 3:30 in the morning.

2. There has been constant crying in the house today. If it isn't the baby, it's the three year old or 5 year old, or it's me (just kidding).

3. My feet hurt.

4. Dd wakes me up from a rare nap to ask me if I would make macaroni and cheese for lunch. Can't even type the words that went through my mind. "No." is what came out of my mouth.

5. The hampers in the bedrooms and bathroom are full again, and the laundry in the laundry room isn't finished yet.

6. I don't have the guts to actually throw out all the toys I keep picking up, over and over and over. I so wish I did.

7. My kitchen floor is disgustingly sticky.

8. My kitchen counters are disgustingly sticky.

9. My kitchen table is disgustingly sticky.

10. The girls supposedly just cleaned the kitchen.

11. I keep getting curriculum catalogs in the mail, and it makes my stomach hurt.

12. The new hanging basket of flowers I just bought is withering, despite my dedicated care.

13. It is so freaking hot and humid, you can't really even go outside.

14. My monthly spending has to be cut to fit our shrinking budget, and I have to spend my babysitter time tonight figuring out how to do it. Might have to stop having a babysitter night.

15. My digital camera broke on the evening of my 7 year-old's birthday. I got no pictures of him. Of course he's the middle child, and I will get the blame when he goes on the Jerry Springer show in 10 years.

16. My kitchen light keeps turning itself off, and won't go back on.

17. My computer keeps turning itself off, and takes for freaking ever to restart.

18. My classroom light keeps turning itself off. Holy water, anyone?

19. I have piles of paper surrounding me at my desk. With every attempt at cleaning it off, I just seem to move the piles around. *Scream*

20. And last, but not least, every time I go into the living room, all the pillows are off the couch and on the floor, and the armrest covers are on the floor. Every time. All day long. Every day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I don't really have anything to say, but I thought such a cry should jot go unanswered. ;-) I hear ya. Maybe if you break a fwe things or go scream in the backyard someone will come and lock you up in a nice, quiet, clean sanitarium. Wouldn't that be nice?

:-D

July 18, 2005  
Blogger rita said...

*sigh* maybe it was just the monday blues? i just cried right along with my kids yesterday!! :)
you make me appreciate my messes. and that ain't no big feat, either!! here's to a better rest of the week!

July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late (as usual) catching up on my blog reading, but I wanted to say I was really empathizing with you, Renee, on this post. I may not have exactly the same things going on, but I could write some parallels, believe me. And I have only one kid. Well, Rocky and George could equal four, but that's another story. I also wanted to say the "interviews" are adorable. You have such great ideas.
Oh, the pillows on the floor and the arm covers? Same here. Daily. I can't figure it out.

July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home