Friday, October 28, 2005

17 months later, and still amazing

My first look at my daughter *sigh*



Here is the link to the story of this birth. Below is just an exerpt.

"Dh was just sitting next to the tub, stroking the back of my hand, making sure I didn't clench into a fist, and reminding me to keep my jaw slack. Mrs. Midwife was sitting on the other edge of the tub, keeping eye contact with me so I didn't retreat into my fear. Very calm, very private (remember, we're in a bathroom, not the main room), very medatative, very peaceful. This went on for 30 minutes or so, and I started feeling more pressure low, and a little pushy. Remaining transfixed by the warm water, I just let it all happen. Total bouyancy, trust in my body, power positively surging through me."

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing that moment........

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Very nice. Beautiful pictures!

October 28, 2005  
Blogger Anne said...

I absolutely love that story. As I prepare for my first Bradley Birth (4 births and not one of them has been med free!) I'm encouraged and inspired by those who've done it!

November 01, 2005  
Blogger Anne said...

I realized a moment ago that I read your story while I was pregnant with Sarah, and had hoped to have something similar with her. I didn't, obviously. But perhaps she will watch over her mother in this labor, and help give me the strength I need to bring her brother into the world.

November 01, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

Anne,

I had a dear relative loose a baby 3 days before I gave birth to one of my children. The little one is named Kelsey, and I asked for her intercession for my own birth. It was a beautiful birth, and I knew little Kelsey had prayed for me. I am sure Sarah will do all in her power to help you with your pregnancy and birth. Blessings to you!

November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home