Friday, October 14, 2005

What a Gorgeous Day!



(Click on the photo for a better look)

We had a great day at the "pumkin" farm today. The weather was perfect; 70's, crystal blue sky, slight breeze, aromatic air and colorful trees. We have been going to this particular farm for 12 years. This year my 12 yo ds acted like he was too old, but despite himself, he had a good time. This is a photo I took today, showing the kiddos in all their uniqueness. This was taken on the "train that doesn't move", which is a wooden train for kids to climb on, but, as the kids have called it for years, it doesn't move. Each year, a new child explores this place with wonder, and even the older kids who are getting less "fun" out of the visit do get delighted to see their little siblings enjoying themselves so much.
I spent $70 on 7 huge pumpkins, and it was worth it. It is a "tradition", and I am so blessed to have been able to keep it yet another year. Praised be God!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

What a gorgeous picture! Lovely children, really beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

October 15, 2005  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

look at those precious children!!

i believe the $70 was money well spent :)

October 15, 2005  
Blogger Ginger said...

What a marvelous picture!

What will you do with the pumpkins?

October 15, 2005  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh I love times like these. Just the simple things, but so much fun. Beautiful children you have!

October 15, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for the comments! We usually carve the largest two pumpkins and use the others for decoration. Then, we throw them all in the compost heap, and make good dirt. The fun is watching them choose their pumpkins and then watching them decorate and carve.

October 15, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love going to the pumpkin farm. It won't be long and I'll be dragging my family there, too. I can guarantee that I won't spend what you did on pumpkins, but I will get a few. We haven't carved for a few years. Maybe I'll be brave enough to get into the mess of that again this year.

October 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home