Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It was a very good day


We all enjoyed our day tremedously, with each child giving a gift to one of their siblings, receiving a gift from us, and a group gift of a new T.V./dvd/vcr. The tele isn't hooked up to anything, but they now have a way to watch movies in their playroom, and they were thrilled. All the gifts were a success. We went to church in shifts, since my husband cantored at both the Vesperal Liturgy Christmas Eve and the Liturgy on Christmas Day. Then we all went to my mom and dad's house, where all my brothers and their families had gathered, and ate my dad's good home cooking, lots of cookies contributed by all the families, and more gifts. Then we sang Christmas carols til we were hoarse, and ate more cookies.

Sadly, that evening I took home three neices with us, and one of them threw up just after getting here (thank you, sweetie, for not throwing up in the van). By morning they were dropping like flies, and so I have been doing extra laundry and ditributing trash cans lined in garbage bags to all. (Note, children have a much better chance at making it in a good wide trash can than a pan. They are also deeper, therefor no splashing. After they have finished, simply tie closed the bag and throw away. Took me years to figure this out. If I can save anyone undo clean up, then my learning experiences have been for a higher purpose). Every one is on the mend now, and enjoying their gifts immensly. I had great success this year, finding something for everyone. Since we only bought them one present, I only had one shot. The gifts they choose for each other were also very well recieved. I was pleased at how well they seemed to know each other's desires. Over all a terrific day full of church, singing, generosity, and love. Thank you, Jesus, for getting the whole thing started!



This year my dear husband helped me so much, wrapping and moving gifts. This is him Christmas morning, after a short night's sleep.


A very happy little boy!


Lovely daugher seeing the gift from her 3 year old brother. He done good!

Baby enjoying her "Jack in the Box"

I have more to share, but it's reeeeely late, so I'll do finish off later. Blessings!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Great pix..........was dh snoring too? I'm sure he'll be thrilled to know his sleeping mug is all over cyberspace!! As usual, wonderful pictures of the gang. Sorry to hear the bug made the rounds. There is a nasty tummy virus around......eek!

December 28, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, nice pictures. Cute kiddos!! I had to giggle at your husband's picture. Isn't that a typical pose for busy dads? It sure is around here.

December 28, 2005  
Blogger Lori said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!

December 29, 2005  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas! It sounds great.

December 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home