Thursday, December 08, 2005

Just touching base

Gosh, I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted. Last Thursday was the day of the CBS interview. It was supposed to be on sometime this week, but I haven't heard anything. I think it went well in as much as I was able to make my point, repeatedly, about consumers having a responsibility to vote with their dollars and that death never solves social problems, no matter how good one's intentions are. My girls were very sweet, articulate, and genuine. I am so proud of them!

Our addition is groaning along. Seems the upcoming holidays are really slowing things down. By the end of next week, we should really see some improvements, and have a clearer idea of when we will be able to move in. It probably won't be until after the New Year, which is alright, since I don't want to spend all my Christmas celebration time working. Anyway, we should get enough in our "old" house done by next week to clear out an area for a Christmas tree. Of course, our house will look much more festive once we get the frozen, collapsed pumkins off of the front porch!

This year we are having the children draw names and choose gifts for each other. Now, they are excited about what they are going to give every bit as much as what they are going to get. I feel this also takes some of the pressure off of me, as the prime gift giver. I always get so anxious about getting the "right" gift. This way we all can work together in making the Feast a joyous day. Since the construction is pushing into Christmas, we will be forced to do a great deal of our celebrating after the actual day. This has been my goal for many years, anyway, so once again, God works it out.

My husband and I have been going to Liturgy together, alone, every Friday. It has made this Advent such a restorative time for us. I see the effects on our entire week. Grace is marvelous, and I can not imaging trying to live as a wife, mother, and homemaker with out a steady supply of grace. I feel Our Lord is particularly showing my all my many blessings, and given me a grateful heart. The last year has been lacking in gratitude in me, and I have been asking for help. It seems the calvary has arrived, in the form of abundant grace. Praise God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I've just pitched my pumpkin as well, though not frozen..... God is gracious to us and gives us what we need when we need it, and sometimes least expect it.

December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home