Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Monday!



I want to thank everyone for your encouraging words and prayers.

We had a terrific, busy weekend, and now I have declared a "teacher's-in-service" day so I can get the house and school schedule up to date. I have so much laundry, I can't find an adequate word to describe it.

I am going out of town to California Thursday for 4 days for my brother's graduation.
I have to keep school going when I am away so I have to leave my husband a good, specific list of assignments. I have to plan meals, shop for the food and leave him a good, specific list of available food, or they will eat pizza for 4 days straight.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really.

I have to wash and iron my clothes, so I can roll them up in a carry-on because I am not doing checked luggage. So is it possible to pack a 4 day trip in a carry-on? This is the first trip I have taken without children in ... ... ... ever.

Anyway, I don't really have time for much more posting today. I just wanted to check in, say "hi" and wish everyone a blessed day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

California! Where in California? What a fun trip for you!

And yes, you can pack for 4 days in a carryon. I'm not sure rolling clothes is more efficient, though.

Just my 2 cents for the day....

May 08, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

I'll be going to Southern California, Ojai to be exact. Ginger, if you have packing tips, I am all ears. When I have to pack many childrens' clothes in an overnight bag (I try to get at least 4 kids' stuff in a bag) I roll it. But then that is just kid's clothes (tiny) not my clothes (larger ;) and linen).

May 08, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

I'll ring in with my packing two cents as well. I can pack for a week in my large Vera Bradley duffle, and yes, it fits under the seat. No rolling.....use dry cleaning bags (if you have them) between the linen and it helps with the wrinkles. I wouldn't roll going out...coming home maybe.
Ojai should be lovely this time of year, make sure you get some strawberries, they should be coming in now.

May 08, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Travel safely.

I grew up in Northern California.

May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home