Wednesday, May 03, 2006

One of those days...





Today was one of those days... you know the kind. The kind where I wasn't good at anything I did. Everything was a teeth gritting experience. Every "Mom?" I heard made me want to screetch, "Leave me alone!", and sadly, I believe I did say that at least once today. Every project I began was unfinished, and every energetic idea I possesed this morning was left unfulfilled. *sigh* The kids are all in bed now, and I have to still pay the bills (is it the 3rd already??) and finish a load of laundry.

Today was one of those days where every project that needs tending to, both in school, in the house, in the yard, in the shed, in basic home management, was screaming to me for attention. I kept telling myself, "I need to make a list", but then something else would come up and I would get sidetracked and no list ever appeared. I had that silly notion that everything that needed to be done needed to be done NOW and only I could do it. I know that is silly, and I told myself so, but the nagging continued. So,
I am going to pay the bills, finish the laundry,and go to bed. I will get up in the morning, and try again to order my day, and approach my life one tiny bite at a time. I took such big mouthfuls today, I have indigestion. Here's to a little alka-selzer and a good nights sleep. Blessings!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mama Heffalump said...

Did we all have a day like that yesterday? Must be a mom thing... *LOL*

Here's praying that today will be a better one for all of us! *Hugs*

May 04, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Ha! Thanks for sharing this too.
Now, mind you, most of my kiddies are grown and I do have alot of help around here if I stay on them, however, having said that, somehow or the other, I believe for us homeschooling moms, we are still often left with the bill paying. That has been a huge problem for me, but my husband is not much better at doing it on time, so I might as well not give it up anytime soon and he sure isn't demanding me too! So, I heard about this "Flylady" site.
It is a little over the top silly in some ways, but I must admit, the folks there have me moving.
I checked it out because my daughter of 3 little boys is rather organized and neat and wasn't before and then it was Lent and I had to dig into our little stock to pay off some bills because I was not getting away from paying late fees let alone the interest, and so I got SICK of
myself. Anyway, that site has me now on a great schedule...bills paid on time, most of them are paid off but stuff we all have,
my bed is made every morning, my sink almost shines every morning, and I FINALLY bought myself a hamper that has three separate compartments for whites, jeans, and mixes! Okay, I also make a
grocery list and stick to it and extra money goes to the hungry.
Yeah! You can do it, but still,
we'll have our days, but that is okay. ;-)

May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Renee! Like the new look! I have one too now! Here you go!

May 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Thanks for reminding to pay bills.

May 04, 2006  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day. :o) I hope tomorrow is better for you!

May 04, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

hope you chewed those big bites well before you swallowed......thank God for alka-seltzer......and here I thought I was the only one who over extended themselves........(smirk)

May 04, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

I do that to myself sometimes also. Puts me in a whirlwind. Do what you can do in a day and in the evening remind yourself that tomorrow is a brand new day to try again.

May 05, 2006  
Blogger Philothea Rose said...

You and I are sharing the same day. I guess God wanted us to give each other a cyber-hug in sympathy.

May 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home