Saturday, June 17, 2006

Another good day


Today I am off to work on my Good Shepherd icon, followed by packing up a picnic lunch and heading out to my brother and sister-in-law's farm for a family gathering. My other brother, the one who just graduated from college, is coming home today and we are celebrating. There will be 19 cousins, my parents, all of their children and their respective spouses, a pool, a barn, and a grill. Does it get any better than this!!!

May you all have a blessed, love filled weekend!

"God, be gracious to us and bless us. Shine Your countenance upon us and have mercy on us."

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Hello! I have for many years been drawn to the beauty of icons, and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction concerning learning about writing them. I am a Catholic homeschoolng mother of 6, and the youngest is 3 months old and still nursing, so I may not be able to engage fully into the fasting and prayer required, but someday when the little ones are older and I am able ot fast, I would like to know how to honor God in this way. Thank you for your beautiful blog, and for your time to answer my question.

June 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like great plans! God bless! Psst...ever thought of selling some icons?

June 17, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

Kitty,

Never fear, you can do iconography even if you can't fast rigorously. I would love to tell you more about this, but I don't have the time at this moment. Quite honestly, I am 14 hours from you. I would personally give you an icon class if you could get to the western Chicago suburbs. At your stage of mothering, iconography was my life bouy. I would definately share that with you if I could. Maybe you have just given mw an inspiration to have a blogger icon class in the western Chicagao suburbs. What do you think? Of course, babies welcome (I have older children to babysit). Hmmmm. Now you have inspired me!!

June 18, 2006  
Blogger Mrs. House Mouse said...

Hope the picnic was yummy!
Prayers going up! :o)

June 19, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

I can't believe you're doing the Good Shepherd, I opted for the Mother of God of Tenderness....those were our two choices. I was intimidated by the curls on the lamb....go easy on the eyeliner on that one.....I noticed it's easy to go heavy on that.....gosh, I am so envious.

June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home