Thursday, June 08, 2006

Goood Morning!


It's another gorgeous day; sunny and warm with a cool breeze and a piercing blue sky. We live in the woods, so are gifted with the sounds of birds calling from very early in the morning til late at night. Right now they are gently calling to each other without much urgency.

I have continued to work in my yard, planting bushes and flowers, rearranging decorations and filling my flower pots. This year I decided to only use red geranims on my patio. I have to say it is stunning, and so simple. This cut down on all those decisions, "does this flower go well with this one, does this give height in the middle of the pot, does this cascade properly." Nothing but red geraniums, and I think it's the prettiest my patio has ever looked.

So, today I'm off to deposit my children at various friend's houses and then take the youngest three somewhere fun. I do not want to miss a minute of this gorgeous day! I'll leave you with a morning prayer:

As we rise from sleep we worship You, O good and powerful Lord, and to You we sing the angel's hymn: holy, holy, holy are You, O God, through the prayers of the Mother of God, have mercy on us.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

Having raised me from bed and sleep, O Lord, enlighten my mind and open my heart and lips to praise You, O Holy Trinity; holy, holy,holy are You O God; through the prayers of the Mother of God, have mercy on us.

Now and always and forever and ever. Amen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. House Mouse said...

Red geraniums sound just lovely! Hope you and the kidlets had a wonderful time!

June 09, 2006  
Blogger DeeDee Kay said...

I really like the monochromatic idea MPN. I'm sure it's gorgeous.
Something has eaten almost all the blossoms of every perennial in my new flower bed. I am bummed.

June 10, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I love your prayer here. I've been having some fun with getting the flowers out. We went to shop last night at a big plant sale and I was blessed to get flowering baskets for $5 each! I also got 3 other big planters for about $4 and 2 more hot pepper plants for $3 each. It was a great sale at Wally-World...Walmart and they said they had overbought and so everything was still in great shape...not picked over!

June 11, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

I found it amusing that you mentioned the song of the birds, I watched Hitchcock's The Birds last night and it was so hot here that the doors were open wide, the birds were practically rioting outside while the film was playing!

Tipi Hedren I'm not!

God Bless you!

June 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home