Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Coffee, please!


My goodness, what a weekend!

The Octoberfest went really well. Once again, my official photographer (my sister-in-law) has taken some glorious pictures. When I get some, I'll share. We ended up with a GLORIOUS weather day, despite the weather forcast that promised rain. Dear St. Scholastica came through again!!

After party Saturday, which lasted until 11:30 p.m., we had church on Sunday with our usual meal afterward, then many people ended up coming over after that. We had lots of left-overs, and the place still looked festive, and many worthy conversations were had by all. Also, my brother and sister-in-law came to visit from California, and will be leaving later today. A full house, I tell you!! Lots of food and talking, and laughing, lots of laughing.

I have managed to stay on top of the kitchen, and it looks fairly decent considering the abuse it took this weekend. One thing I was not able to stay on top of was the laundry, as my washer bit the dust Saturday morning. The repair place says it's not worth fixing. So, I have a request from you, dear readers::

If you were to replace your washer, which is no small investment these days, what kind would you buy? Any advice, input, or intimate knowledge about washers out there? This is a big investment, and I have very little time to make the decision, before clothes will be cascading out the door and windows around here. HELP!

So, I will leave you for now, because I still have guests and I still have school to teach, and I must enjoy my mandatory dispensation from laundry. I will be working on my "Good Shepherd" icon again today, and will ask Him to bless and keep you all in His tender care.

Blessings!

10 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Temple said...

Maytag. Any model. They really do make the best and service the rest!!

October 24, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Wonderful post, it sounds so busy and cozy at Crazy Acres.

I don't have one, but I hear amazing things about the High Efficency frontloading models.

October 24, 2006  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I have an Amana that has been serving me well. Best feature: STAINLESS STEEL TUB. Do not get a plastic tub.

October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High fives on keeping up with the kitchen!

We like our Kenmore large capacity washer, but I too have heard it is worth it to get the new front loading kind if you can afford it, especially with larger families!

October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful gathering! *Smile*

I don't know about brand, but I do know that I would LOVE to have a large capacity one! Mine is a Whirlpool and has been going strong for about 8 years now. *Yay*

*Lisa*

October 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me cast my vote for a front loading anything (ours is a plain basic Kenmore that we acquired 8 years ago). Biggest selling feature: My 7 & 5 yr. olds can switch the laundry for me and my 8 year old can do his own, unassisted! Hope this helps!

October 24, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

I can't wait to see your Good Shepherd Icon. I have one just to the left of me sitting atop my sideboard. It's one of my favourite ever images of Christ.

So glad everything went well for you and your guests and that the Octoberfest was such a success!

October 25, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'd go with the front loader, too. I've heard the Amana is good. I own a Maytag, and I'm happy with that. I'd never buy a Kenmore again (sorry, you loyal fans, my last one had too many problems).

I'd also look for cycle features: delicate, no agitation, extra rinse, etc. And the biggest capacity possible.

October 25, 2006  
Blogger Randi said...

Front loader for sure! I have had one for a year now and I all but worship it! Because you can fit so much into it, your laundry time will be cut by about 1/3 to 1/2. Did you know that you can put 12 towels in the washer at one time???

October 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a Maytag Neptune front loader and will NEVER own another one. The wash cycle takes an extremely long time and you can't just throw in a few things to just presoak overnight like you can with a top loader.The clothes are dryer when they come out but I didn't see a big savings in our water bill and you have to buy the HE soap so that wasn't any cheaper. After 2 years mine started to smell moldy all the time.The repair guy said since the water never completely drains out of the machine we needed to run hot water cycle with bleach and dishwater detergent in a cycle whenever we noticed that smell which was every 2-3 weeks and more often if we hadn't done a load in a few days.I got a giant capacity top loader Amana with the fewest options and the 'cheap' little machine is just the best.

November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home