Saturday, January 27, 2007

speaking of meatloaf: a challenge met!!

alicia said...

OK - so I took up the challenge.
I mixed a pound of ground beef with a few croutons, some saltine cracker crumbs, and the last of last week's homemade bread. I added in a can of chopped tomatoes, some dried onion, a package of dried vegetable soup mix, a dash of worstershire, a dash of tabasco, and an egg. I put half into a loaf pan (I usually free form the loaf in my cast iron skillet) and sliced over the half two smoked beef franks and then added some sliced swiss and a few chunks of smoked cheddar. I then packed the rest of the meat mixture on top and covered the top with parchment paper. Erik recently had a post about cooking meat loaf like pates, in a bain-marie, so that is how I am cooking it. I am doing oven roasted root vegetables on the side so that they can cook in the same oven. It's a lot of food for just the two of us but there will be meat loaf sandwiches in our future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home