Monday, January 08, 2007

A Meme


Six Weird Things About Me

I was tagged with this a while ago, but hadn't had time to do it. While perusing my archives, I found something similar and adapted it. Is that cheating? Anyway, thanks Matt, for thinking of me!

1. I can not find papers if I put them in a filing cabinet. Might as well throw them away for as much good as they do me. I use upright, cascading file holders so I can see all the files at the same time. Or I just stack them on my desk, until they fall over. Out of sight, truly out of mind.

2. I have many different coffee cups, and choose the one for the morning to suit my mood. ( Maybe I'll post photos of my different mugs and the mood they represent). You would think this would be useful information to my family, but they just aren't catching on.

3. I can not not look at books at the thrift store, even though I have stacks of unread books. The thought that a great book is just sitting there, for $1.61, a book I would love to read someday, and I just walk right past it, is more than I can stand.

4.I don't make a grocery list, and then try to make a game out of shopping, you know like a memory game. Yeah, that's it, a memory game. I don't make a list on purpose, and am just trying to keep my memory in good working order. Yeah, that it. (Picture a woman, wandering around a grocery story, with a confused look on her face, a puzzled, bemused look on her face, trying to remember what to buy, and plan a menu, and remember the recipes, all at the same time. Pathetic.)

5. I haven't worn pantyhose since my wedding day, and never will again if I can help it. I haven't worn heels since my wedding day, and never will again if I can help it.

6. I hide money in odd places around the house like in books, band-aid containers, CD cases, a variety of decorative vases, in picture frames, etc. Just in case. I told my husband that if I die, don't get rid of anything until you check it for some stashed cash.

There you go. I tag Michelle, Amy Caroline, Elizabeth, Suzanne, caelids and Mimi.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven`t worn high heels since my wedding either !

January 08, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

I wear chunky heels a lot, but not high and spiky (except now and then for dress up).

January 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numbers 1&2 I totally get. Books at thrift stores are bought only if I can't "smell" them. If I write a store list, it is something hastily scribbled on a napkin or gum wrapper on the way to the store (has to be something I REALLY don't want to forget first!). Heffalumps hate pantyhose, and stashed cash would be the last thing you would find around here. I don't think I even own a vase! *LOL*

Thank you for giving us all this peek into your personality!
*Hugs-a-bunch*

January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home