Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Morning Prayer


Arising from sleep I give thee thanks, O Holy Trinity, for in thy great goodness and long suffering thou were not angered with me, the slothful and sinful one, nor did thou condemn me with my transgressions; but thou didst show thy love for man, as is thy way, and did lift me out of my desperation, to rise and glorify thy power. Enlighten now the eyes of my mind, open my mouth, that I may engage in thy word, and do thy will, and sing to thee in the acknowledgment of my heart, and praise thy most holy name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now, and always, and forever and ever. Amen

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

One of my favorites.

Thank you.

February 07, 2007  
Blogger Kristen Laurence said...

This is a beautiful morning prayer. I was just thinking I needed a little more variety. Thank you for sharing.

February 07, 2007  
Blogger De Liliis said...

I like the older version a bit more. . .

Arising from Sleep

Arising from sleep I give thee thanks, O Holy Trinity, for in thy great goodness and long suffering thou wert not angered with me, the slothful and sinful one, nor didst thou condemn me with my transgressions; but thou didst show thy love of man, as is thy wont, and didst lift me out of my desperation, to rise and glorify thy power. Enlighten now the eyes of my thought, open my mouth, that I may engage in thy word, and do thy will, and sing to thee in the confession of my heart, and praise thy most holy name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now, and always, and forever and ever. Amen

August 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home