Sunday, April 01, 2007

And so it begins...


Well, here we are at the beginning of Holy Week. This has been an interesting Lent. We have followed the Great Fast slightly better than last year. I only got half way through the Psalms, but I will just continue on until I finish them. They aren't something I want to rush through.

There have been many sorrows this Lent, both in my family and in the my church community and in my blogging community. I feel weighed down with all the grief, worry and sadness, and am anxiously looking forward to singing the hopeful and joyful refrains next week ~ "Christ is risen from the dead, conquering death with death, and to those in the grave, He granted life."

Life. That is what my heart is aching for. Life that is free from pain, sorrow, weeping and worry, loss, fear and sadness. Christ granted life to those in the grave, which means my heart's desire can only be realized when I, too, have gone to the grave. Until then, I will have to take all the sorrows, and dump them into the lap of Christ. I will have to trust that my particular sadnesses, worries, and anxieties can be given to Him, that He will take them and grant joy and peace and hope in return.

This is going to be a very busy week, since we will be spending much of it at church, and I will be preparing for a Party of Gigantic Proportions next Sunday. I will pray for peace, hope, and joy; I will pray for strength, courage and wisdom. I will be imploring Our Lord to bring me to the foot of His Cross, and to the Glory of His empty Tomb. I will ask Him to pull me from my grave of fear, bring me to the place of Triumph and Glory. Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the Highest!

Labels: